Essex Deanery is made up of 28 congregations formed into 21 parishes.
It is in Windsor
and Essex County in southwestern Ontario.
It is one of the 13 deaneries of the Anglican Diocese of Huron.
Christ Church, Amherstburg
Amherstburg is located on the Detroit River and was first settled in 1784. It became the base for the British after they evacuated Detroit. It was used to capture Detroit in 1812 was under American occupation 1813-1815. Christ Church dates from 1818. Current rector is Rev. Bill Strang.
Web page: Christ Anglican Church, Amherstburg, Ontario
Essex and Cottam
Church of the Epiphany, Kingsville, Ontario
The first Anglican church in Kingsville, St John's, was a log hut built in 1852. When a new church was opened in 1891 the church and parish were renamed to the Church of the Epiphany.
The present parish hall was completed in 1991. It holds parish offices, a boardroom, choir room and 4 Sunday School rooms, a nursery, wheelchair accessible washrooms, a main hall and kitchen.
Website: Church of the Epiphany, Kingsville
St. Andrew's Church, LaSalle
Lasalle, Ontario (2006 pop. 27,652) in Essex County is a bedroom community of Windsor.
The Reverend Colin Pearce became Incumbent (half time) of St. Andrew’s, LaSalle October 2007.
He is also Incumbent (half time) of St. Barnabas, Windsor.
Rev. Deacon Colin Johnson is an honorary assistant.
St. John the Evangelist
Leamington is located on the north shore of Lake Erie, 54km southeast of Windsor. Its largest employer is H.J.Heinz which has its Canadian headquarters and a food-processing plant there.
Rector, appointed September 1, 2008, is the Rev. Robert Lemon.
More on St John's, Leamington
Oldcastle and Colchester
Pelee Island has a 2-point parish consisting of St. Mary's Church and Calvary Church. Rector is Rev. Ed Healey.
St. Mark-by-the-Lake Church
St. Clair Beach, Ontario
St. Clair Beach is just east of Windsor on the south shore of Lake St Clair.
Rector is Rev. Kevin George.
Parish of Southern Trinity
Under Rev. Thomas F. Whealen a Methodist Church was bought in Harrow becoming St Andrew's in 1894. Two years later another another Methodist building was bought and moved to Malden and
dedicated to St Alban in 1897.
At this time the oldest church Christ Church, Colchester had been established for almost a hundred years. The first services at Colchester were performed in a log cabin by Rev. Richard
Pollard in 1805. The first church building was opened in 1821 and the present building was built in 1876. Rev Pollard was the only Anglican clergyman in the western counties of Ontario
and was responsible for founding several churches including St John's, Sandwich
The Rev. Christine Downey has been rector since August 2007.