5230 Howard Ave. N., Oldcastle
Rector: Rev. Jane Fletcher
St. Stephen's located on the outskirts of Windsor in Essex County, on Howard Avenue one mile south of #3 Highway enroute to Amherstburg.
We are in close proximity to the Canada/U.S. border allowing continuous growth within our local economy. Our main industries are auto plants and tourism. Recreational activities are also available within a short distance, both in the city and in the county. Technical and academic opportunities are available through our local college and university.
The parish was established in 1841 within a farming community. We currently has an average weekly attendance of sixty parishioners. New members are always welcome. Our financial situation is well maintained and we always attempt to pay our Synod apportionment.
We are a 'screened parish' and have a high level of committed lay participation and leadership.
Recently an addition was completed to make our building handicap accessible. The use of our hall is offered to the community and any donations are greatly appreciated.
Our Sunday worship consists of two
St. Stephen's is part of a two-point parish with Church of the Redeemer, Colchester, Ontario. The Parish of St. Stephen's and Church of the Redeemer is in the Deanery of Essex of the Diocese of Huron.