All Saints Anglican
330 City Hall Square
Website: All Saints' Windsor
All Saints Church was established by St. John's Anglican Church, Sandwich, in 1852 to meet the needs of the expanding village of Windsor. After meeting in local halls the church building was built between 1855 and 1857. The chancel was added in 1871, the spire in 1881 and the rectory in 1890.
Originally, All Saints' was located across the street from a military barracks which also served as as one of the safe houses for fugitives escaping slavery on the Underground Railway. Although most fugitive slaves remained in the free states of the American North, perhaps 30,000 reached Canada.
Rev. Canon Kim Van Allen, previousy the rector of St Alban the Martyr, London and regional dean of Brough, was appointed rector of All Saints', Windsor Nov. 1, 2007. January 2009, the Rev. Christine Brouillard-Coyle was appointed Assistant Curate (50% time). At the same time, she was appointed Assistant Curate (50% time) to St. Matthew's, Windsor.
Church of the Ascension
1385 University Avenue West
Rector: Rev. Lance Smith
St. Barnabas Church
2115 Chilver Road
The Reverend Colin Pearce became Incumbent (half time) of St. Barnabas, Windsor October 2007. He is also Incumbent (half time) of St. Andrew's, LaSalle.
Parish of St. David's & St. Mark's
St. David's: 3401 Byng Road and Foster, Windsor, Ontario
St. Mark's: 1995 Arthur St, Windsor, Ontario
Rector: Sue Paulton
Website: St Mark's Anglican, Windsor
St. George's Church
1949 Devonshire Court, Windsor, Ontario
The late Rev. Dr. W. Kenneth Jaggs was priest in charge from 1996 to 2008. May 1, 2008, Rev. Gordon Maitland was appointed Associate Priest (part time).
St Mary's, Walkerville
1983 St. Mary's Gate, Windsor, Ontario - Rector: Ven. Jane Humphreys
Website: St Mary's Walkerville
In 1874 Detroit grocer Hiram Walker founder of Walkerville built a church for the employees of his distillery. The employees chose the church to be Methodist but the church was closed for 2 years after conflicts between Walker and the third Methodist minister.
St Marys was reopened as Anglican. Walker died in 1899 and in 1903-4 the present church, Sunday school and rectory were built by Walker's sons in memory of their parents. Nearby is Willistead Manor, a large mansion that was completed in 1906 for Edward Chandler Walker, the second son of Hiram Walker.
One of the current projects of the church is the St Mary's Food Cupboard which provides families in need from all areas of the city with a three day supply of groceries. The food cupboard is run by volunteers and all donations are used to feed the hungry. No money is spent on administrative costs.
St. James' Church
4276 Roseland Drive East
Rector: Rev. Rob Henderson, who was appointed June 1, 2011. He had previously been rector of St. Paul's, Essex and Trinity, Cottam where he had been rector since November 27, 2008 after being Deacon in Charge since July 1, 2008.
St John's, Sandwich
3305 Sandwich Street
Website: St John's, Sandwich
St John's was founded in 1805. Many of the parishioners had moved to the area when Detroit had been ceded to the U.S. in 1796. The first church building was constructed in 1807 and burned down in 1813 by a retreating American Army from the battle of Moraviantown.
The second building was built in 1818 with financial assistance from England and the U.S. and the current building opened in 1872. The adjacent graveyard, restored in 2003, contains gravestones dating from the 18th century.
Sandwich is now part of the city of Windsor; it was amalgamated with Windsor, Walkerville, and Ford City to form the new city in 1935.
2792 Lillian Street, Windsor, Ontario
Rector: Rev. Bev Diet
Rev. Diet is also Chaplain to Canterbury College, University of Windsor. The St Paul's Chapel is located on the 2nd floor at the building at 2500 University Avenue West and is open for services of worship on Sunday mornings at 11:00 am and Wednesdays at noon.
St. Matthew's Church
1600 Norfolk Street, Windsor, Ontario
Rector: Rev. Steve Harnadek
Assistant Curate (50% time): Rev. Christine Brouillard-Coyle.
Website: St Matthew's, Windsor
St. Michael & All Angels
8700 Jerome Street, Windsor, Ontario
Website: St Michael All Angels, Windsor
St. Aidan's Anglican Church
5145 Wyandotte St. E. Windsor, Ontario
Clergy: Rev. Tom Carman, Rev. Deacon Paul Almond, Rev. Deacon Harold Dolman
More on St Aidan's Anglican Church, Windsor, Ontario
Rev. Tom Carman was appointed rector of St. Aidanís, Windsor March 1, 2007. Rev. Carman was previously the rector of St. Brice's, North Bay in the Diocese of Algoma. Ordained in 1979 he served parishes in the Diocese of Calgary up to his appointment with the Diocese of Algoma.
In September 2005 the Congregation and Leadership of St. Aidan's ascribed to the Statement of faith found in the Montreal Declaration of Anglican Essentials Canada.
In February 2008 the Congregation and Leadership voted to become an Anglican Essentials Network parish but remained under the jurisdiction of the Anglican Church of Canada.
St. Aidan's voted Sept. 28, 2008 to join the Anglican Network in Canada (ANiC) thereby leaving the Diocese of Huron. The Anglican Essentials Network and the ANiC are affiliated. ANiC churches are under the episcopal oversight of Bishop Donald Harvey and the jurisdiction of the Anglican Province of the Southern Cone.